Friday, August 27, 2004

You Won't Understand a Word That's In It...

Let's try a little game. The line above is from a song. Actually, it was the last vocal I heard at work tonight. You tell me "The Next Line" (it's copyrighted, don't even try it), Artist and song title. And if you actually knew it or cheated and looked it up on the net. I'll give you the thanks of a grateful nation.

Today was really messed up. I was going to walk, go up to the doctors to get my FMLA papers, then go to lunch with Margaret. Well, the lack of sleep caught up to me and I blew off going to the doctor. I got up finally and walked. When I got back in I called Margaret and she said she couldn't make it.

So I got a shower and sat here on the machine a little. Then I thought, I should head up to the doctor today instead of waiting till tomorrow. So I did. Then over to the store. And since I got some frozen stuff I had to head back home. And then back down to work. It was tight, but I made it. Thank god there were no problems.

The republican idiots were at it again around the time clock. I could go on about this, you know. I know that most of the country has decided already. But it’s very frustrating to hear these guys arguments. It’s like they have no idea what the actual issues are.

Things went pretty well till lunch. We’re sitting there and I look out the window and everyone is facing to the left. Very weird. Then the news starts to trickle in. There was a fight in the parking lot. Later we find out it’s two women. Evidentally this started in the lobby and worked it’s way into the parking lot. Hey…let the postal workers handle the violence people. :)

So we’re back at work and I’m coding some mail and I pick up a package and …HOLY SHIT. Freaked completely out for a second, then started laughing my ass off. The box was vibrating. It was from skin care company (yeah, right). Derma something or other.

We finished up the day and I headed home. I came home and fixed some chicken corn soup and started doing the blog thing.

Talk to ya.


3 comments:

pickleandcake said...

um...hello? you're in my sustainable cities, i think? i'm not trying to be down on dr. pepper, he just has an unfortunately amusing name; he seems like a great guy. out of curiousity, how did you come upon my blog?

pickleandcake said...

ok actually i have no idea who you are.

Mr. Fitz said...

I don't know what sustainable cities are, but it sounds interesting. I'm sure the Dr. has had to put up with his fair share of abuse.

For those of you looking in, I found Lorenloo's blog by clicking on the "Next Blog" link on the blogger toolbar at the top of the main page.

You don't know who I am????

I'm the slime...
Oozin' out...
Of your Tee Vee set...

I saw that you were a FZ fan on your profile.

:)