Saturday, August 07, 2004

Leave me a Lawn...

I got up and took a walk today. I did 25 minutes. Came in and stretched and we went out and mowed. It goes a lot faster when both of us use a mower. Deb ran the small one and I had the tractor. We moved some of her greenhouse parts into one of the sheds in back of the barn.

Then, Joe Outdoor Guy that I am, I cut up some of the tree limbs with the chainsaw. We may have a halfway decent looking yard by the time there's snow covering it. :)

Got a shower, put the gas cans in the van and headed into town. Before we started in, I measured my little walking track I've been using. It's a 1.2 mile loop, and that's exactly what I did today. Stopped at a local coffee shop and ate, then headed to Sheetz to fill up the gas cans. Deb mentioned something about going to one of the local carnivals, but she was having some back problems when we got home. So we bagged it.

At the coffee shop we overheard 4 oldtimers talking behind us. We're pretty sure that they were democrats. Which is a pretty amazing thing to find here.

Anyway, we came home and I worked on my XP machine downstairs. I took some software off and it might have helped it a little. But, I found an article that gives me some steps to take to fix the device driver problem. I'll try that before I throw in the towel and call Dell.

Came upstairs while the machine was doing a chkdsk. It did finally complete it check. I know because I heard the boot up sound up here.

There's no tv on, Deb's reading, and I'm leaning back on the recliner. I was very achy and the next thing to sleeping. It's so quiet with the A/C off. The doors are open and you can hear the crickets. Very relaxing, but I couldn't nod off. Must be because I had to get on here and do the blog thing.

So I did.

BTW...I watched "Dinner for Five" last night. It was the one with Ben Affleck and Kevin Smith. It was very funny so, in their honor, I watched "Clerks". Affleck's not in that, but Smith directed it. My favorite part was a little exchange about the Death Star's destruction in two of the Star Wars movies. Very funny.
Cya

Photoblog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you want that wood pile chipped up. I think you said you have a chipper/shredder. It's not hard work, and it's kinda fun.
Good luck with the XP machine. I'd like to see that article you have on the driver bug fix. I might find that useful down the road.

Mike

Mr. Fitz said...

I think I may give it a go this weekend. We have something else we'd like you to do if you're interested.

The XP bug fix articles are in my history downstairs. I haven't checked since yesterday, but I finally found one driver that was unsigned. The last time I looked, the machine was error free. Hope it stays that way.