Thursday, August 26, 2004

I Can't Drive (65)

Today was really busy, and tomorrow will be worse, so I'm gonna make this quick.

I had rehab today. They are going to start easing me into resistance training. So I'll be pumpin' the iron here pretty soon. We also talked about the reduction surgery if I'm too "flappy" from the weight loss. Louise said that there are ways to get insurance to pay for it. That made me feel really good that it may not be an out of pocket expense. I wasn't able to get my FMLA stuff from the doctor, so I'll probably have to go up tomorrow morning, after my walk, before my lunch with Margaret.

I came home, packed a lunch and threw some clothes in the wash. Then I headed on down to the grind.

I got a paper in the cafeteria and one of the girls said "Give me your blog address". I asked her why and she said, laughing, "I hear that you VENT on there, I wanna see it." I said, "Yes I do, and it save me hundreds of dollars in small weapons purchases a year."

I headed in and Jean was asking me all about the blog thing. I was telling her how easy it is to start and how nice it is to have a record of stuff. I don't think I convinced her to start one, but she said she had some friends that would love it.

We did our little work dance then. Paulette and Jean were in my rotation, so I knew that my local stress level would be minimal. EGCW cut in line in front of me at the time clock. I let it go...I always let it go...

I had a long conversation with Willa about rehab and losing weight and the like. She says that my complexion looks better. I said it's because I have to go out in the sun to walk. Large glowing ball in the sky is evil.

I had a message from Chrissy at lunch. It appears that Mike was going a little too fast at the wrong place and Officer Friendly gave him a love note. He wanted my attorney's number. I was a little upset with my family. They were at J.P. Edwards getting dinner. They all had nice stuff. I had a salad. :) (Bastards) I told Paulette after lunch where they were and we were trying to figure out if they would get some takeout and bring it down to us. She says "How far away is it?" Like it's a viable option for me to just run up there quick and grab a salad or something and bring it back.

The rest of the night was pretty painless. We got done 30 minutes early and they didn't make us schlepp over to the other machine for a change. I was told that Sid has been pretty magnanamous lately, that's cool.

Ran into union steward S. Graybill before I left. He got me some docs on 5 minute leeway rule and we talked about computers a bit.

I headed home. Mike was still here and we talked about his ticket a little. I made some Chicken Corn soup and a few BBQ sandwiches. I was starvin'. I got on Deb's machine to scan something for Cat. Pulling up Yahoo Messenger, Cat left me a note that said the drummer (Bobby Rondinelli) for Blue Oyster Cult is leaving the band. Hate to see you go Bobby, good luck with The Lizards.

Chrissy came in and hung out a few minutes, then went to bed. I'm gonna wrap this up and do the same.

Cya

No comments: