Sunday, August 29, 2004

Cleanin' Up

Got up today and got myself around. I wanted to head down and work on the basement, but Deb wanted me to call AT&T Wireless about the cell phone bill. I was waiting for a rep for ONE HOUR. They said it would be more than 20 minutes before I got a rep. They were half right. It took one hour and I still didn't get one. After 30 minutes I didn't want to hang up. "It'll be any minute" I said to myself. Anyway, I will try them again in a few days.

We came down here and busted ass. Took 3 trashcans full of crap to burn. It still needs about 2 hours of work tho, then I get to start ripping out walls. I'm putting everything in plastic containers and sitting them against the one wall. I broke down my keyboards and realized that I can't find 2 keyboard cases. So all the stuff we packed up today is kinda scattered near where it belongs. I think the cases out in the garage, buried under even more shit. I will find them....oh yes.....I will.

The kids went down to eat in Newport and got back around 4. They had a party night last night, so they wanted to crash out. Deb and I kept plugging away. We wrapped everything up. Got showers. Got the kids around and went to Lewistown.

We had to go to an auto parts store to get the brake hose for the van. It'll be in tomorrow. I also found some mudflaps for the Pacifica. The dealer wanted 80 bucks for 4 mudflaps. I don't know how much it would be to install them. We found 2 pair for 20 bucks. A significant savings.

We went to the Riverfront to eat. I'd never been there before, but Deb has said good things about it in the past. It took a long time to get stuff. Deb got a Pina Colada that wasn't right. Mike had Apple Martini's, his last one we had to send back. My steak was supposed to be medium well. Well, one side was, the further I went, the more medium rare it got. Still not bad tho. The food was good, it just took a while to get.

Yes I cheated again. And no, I didn't exercise. I'm going to make today my day off and do it tomorrow. I have to go get some barbells too. Chrissy's are too light.

We saw the Covert's (great name, huh?). They go to the same place in 1000 islands that we go to. He's a drummer. I keep wanting to talk to him about playing, but it never presents itself properly. I must try harder the next time.

We came home and watched some Olympics. Deb and Chrissy zonked out. Mike and I watched a few Family Guy's and the latest Dead Like Me. I want to hold off on the episode I want to try writing for that show till they go on hiatus. They're changing things around with the characters too much. But I shall do it. Too many good ideas.

Great scene tonight with Rube in the Post Office.

A woman comes in and cuts in line ahead of him to talk to a friend. He's waiting forever. He walks up to her and makes some small talk and then says....

Rube...Excuse me, but does everyone in this line look like assholes?

Woman...I beg your pardon?

Rube...All these people behind you, do they look like assholes?

Woman...No

Rube...Oh, so it must be you then.

Then he completely, quietly, rips her a new one. I love Rube. I wish I would have seen this before the little episode at the grocery store with the Faux Biker.

After the show, Mike crapped out. Then and I headed downstairs to type this.

BTW, if you see Mike, call him Marvin and tell him to get the pickles out of his ears.

No comments: