Saturday, August 21, 2004

Gimme Dat 'Ol Time...

I’d like to thank God. I don’t do that too often, I’m not a really religious person. But this has been a fantastic summer for me. I know that sounds weird. I’m a guy that likes rain and snow. It’s rained a lot this year. When it hasn’t rained the weather has been very reasonable, very cool. So thanks buddy.

I got up and ran into town today for Deb. I had to pick up her contacts and get some cat food. We are experimenting with different foods for the cat. I got the regular food and a weight loss food. Then there was a 3rd that I HAD to get. It’s has a drawing of a dead ringer for our cat on the box. The cat actually went for it at first. I haven’t checked to see which one is preferred. We really spoil this animal.

I got back and Mike was down in the garage checking the van. He wasn’t able to complete it, but he’s got it narrowed down to one of two things. I’m very glad that it’s not something major and I still have something to move my gear with.

We got into a good conversation about politics which we continued up in the house with Chrissy and Deb. He’s not really committed yet, so I’m hoping to bring him into the light. He wants to do research and ask questions. That’s all I ask of anyone. If you think rationally before going into this, you couldn’t possibly vote for Bunnypants.

Deb left for the festival. Chrissy finished up some pies and then she and Mike came in and we watched a few episodes of Unscrewed. The coolest segment was fun things you can do with Super Soakers. They hooked a stun gun up to one. Another was rigged with pepper spray. The third was converted to a flamethrower. Fun!

I went over to the festival and ate and completely blew my diet. BBQ sandwich, Hot Dog, Ham Bean Soup, Ice Cream and Pie. I came home and walked for 40 minutes. So that made up for it a little.

I had Chrissy rolling on the floor at one point. They had a track act singing christian songs and doing their little preaching thing between songs. I said to Chris. “Ya know, A lot of these people aren’t really paying attention…I bet you could get away with saying almost anything…And verily I say unto thee, Fords are Better than Chevy’s. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end. Mopar’s kick both their asses. Amen."

And… ”As is written in the Bible….Find a penny….Keep a penny….Have a penny….Share a penny….in his holy name….Amen” Just a joke folks. :)

I got a shower and started typing this while watching The Capital Gang.

Talk you ya

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I’m a guy that likes rain and snow."

You lying sack.....you bitch constantly about blowing snow. Good thing you aren't religious...God would get ya for that whopper! :D

Mr. Fitz said...

Actually, I'm not a lying sack. I DO bitch about blowing the snow, that doesn't mean I don't like snow. I bitch about mowing the lawn, but I do like it when it's nice and green, as opposed to the brown we've had the last few years. You should hear me if I have to shovel stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

"You should hear me if I have to shovel stuff. :)"

No thanks....I have tender ears :)

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

Yes you do....and a mouth like a drunken sailor. :)