Friday, August 13, 2004

Lunchin' with Bill

Got up and walked 30 minutes. I got ready to take a shower and, of course, the doorbell rang. I looked out and thought it was Chrissy at first. It was a green Jeep. Then I looked closer and saw that it was a newer vehicle. It was Deb’s cousin Dave. He returned a radio that they used when everybody went up to 1000 islands.

I finally got the shower and headed down to meet Bill Magill. He’s an old friend from forever. We went to this new restaurant in Newport. It’s a very nice coffeehouse with really great food. All natural and organic stuff. I got a salad with chicken and homemade raspberry vinigrette. Yum.

We shot the shit about a lot of stuff. I’m not gonna go into great detail, but it was a great conversation. The owner of the place graduated 3 years ahead of us. Her sister, Heidi, was a few years behind us. Heidi came in and joined us. It turns out that she does aerobics training. She asked me if I needed a personal trainer and I may just take her up on it. One of her sons is an aspiring musician, so I gave her some info in that area too.

Another classmate, Jeanette Clegg, and her sister Teresa stopped by our table on the way out. She filled us in on her life and told us that Shiffer Bros.is closing this Saturday. The place has been around almost 60 years, selling and repairing appliances. One of the brothers is the father of yet another classmate, Robin Leidy.

I finally had to head down to work. It had started to rain, so that’s always fun. I got almost to work and it hit me. I forgot to pay. We had such a good time I just completely forgot. I’ll give Magil a call tomorrow morning and see if I owe him one, if not, I’ll take Deb down on Saturday and settle up.

Work was ok, but one thing really cheezed me off. I was getting stuff out of my locker and overheard a conversation started up between a black guy and a white guy.

BG…Ya know, up here the graffiti on the bridges is “F this” and “screw that”….but you go down south and it’s “God Loves You” and “Jesus saves”.

WG…Yeah….that’s because all the conservatives are down there….

BG…Yeah….(I start walking away)

WG….Yeah….I’m tired of all this Liberal Fag shit up here.

BG…(silence)

Liberal Fag….

Real nice…

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of the conservative core voter. I’d also like to thank the Republican party in their obviously successful effort to turn the word Liberal into a dirty word. I bet the guy was upset that he was talking to a black guy because he couldn’t work the word Nigger into the conversation.

I hate redneck assholes, and there are a LOT of them that work at the P.O. I hope he gets to go back with all his redneck buddies so we know EXACTLY where they all are. Ya know, I never worry about a Liberal using a gun to make his point, but with Conservatives your never quite sure.

Anyway, I came home and started this. I jotted some notes at work, but I left them in the car and it’s raining. So maybe tomorrow.

I did find it interesting that the California supreme court nullified over 4000 marriages of gays and lesbians. And on the very same day, the Governor of NJ came out of the closet. Resigning from office because he cheated on his wife with a guy.

The music at work was MP3’s. Too many bands to mention.

cya

No comments: