Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Hey Hey…

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a conversation with my niece Darlene. She said that her and her boyfriend were up riding around the Millersburg area. They were trying to find where they make Middleswarth potato chips. Anyway, they stopped in the local watering hole and sat at the bar. She said there was a guy sitting behind them talking to a woman in an odd accent, but they paid no attention to him.

They struck up a conversation with the the barmaid and asked about the chip factory. She indicated where it was and they made some small talk. My niece mentioned something about hearing that Davy Jones from The Monkees lived in the area. The barmaid said “Yeah, in fact, he’s sitting right behind you”.

Anyway…today was a walking day. For fun, I weighed myself sans clothes before I went out and after I took a shower. It showed that I lost 3 pounds. I was pretty amazed. It also showed 288. That just blows my mind. My regular weights will be higher because of having to wear clothes at the hospital. But the fact that it’s starting to drop again is just really, really cool.

Work was drudgery. I feel like I’m waiting for another shoe to drop. I don’t think we’ll make it through an entire week without any bullshit, but stranger things have happened.

Came home and chatted with Cat a little. Made a nice big sandwich (within my diet, of course). And started to type this little missive.

My horrorscope says that people will enjoy my writing, which I thought was really bizzare. But I hope you do.

cya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis and her family have met Davy Jones...did pictures, the whole bit.

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

I met him when I worked at SU. His daughter went to school there. He was in the radio station which was directly under my office.