Thursday, August 19, 2004

5 Minutes More...

I had a doctor's appointment with my GP today. Primarily, I went for a blood letting to get new cholesterol and sugar numbers. After that, I headed up to rehab. It went quite well. I went back home to get ready for work.

Chrissy was home when I got home. She came out of the den and I asked her "What's up?". She said, "John's dead, he committed suicide...He hung himself..." And she broke down crying. John was a cousin by marriage. They met playing D&D and dated for a little. He was having problems back then as well. He had attempted suicide while dating her (during the breakup phase) by trying to drink washer fluid.

I did my best to console and make sure that she wasn't blaming herself for this. We have no control over other's actions and I'm pretty sure she understands that. She's a lot better now. Mike and Joann are talking to her in the den as I type this.

Anyway. I was fixing my lunch and the phone rang. It was Cat. She had a colonoscopy today. She was dreading it yesterday. I told her that it's not the most comfortable thing to do. But it's not too bad either. And if they offer, take the drugs.

I had to head back into the doctors office and pharmacy before I went to work. So I did that.

I got to work and punched in RIGHT ON TIME. Of course, Sid played hooky today. So I didn't have that satisfaction. But other things happened that made up for it.

I went to the union office and got copies of the documentation that specify the leeway part of yesterdays blog discussion. I also got documentation to back up the “clocking out 5 minutes early” part as well. I am loaded for the bear. Let the bear approach.

The rest of the evening was ok. I think I may be allergic to something on the machine. My stomach pains were back tonight. I’m going to switch the type of glove I wear. I’m also going to ask the gastro doctor if I may be allergic to rubber or something.

As promised yesterday, the cast of characters on the machine I work on.

The Forces of Good

Bonnee. A good friend. Very well read and what I would call an amateur librarian. We have wonderful conversations about a wide range of topics.

Jean. I always discuss politics and technology with her. We get along very well. Very easy to work with.

Paulette. (I should say something nasty ‘cause I know she reads this) A lot of fun. Another easy person to work with who happens to have a great personality as well.

The Forces of Evil

HPB. Caused trouble in the unit before she even got here. And incredibly annoying as well.

EGCW. The most evil of all. Could either meltdown and kill himself, or take a few of us out with him. Completely untrustworthy. Was a 204b (babyboss) for a short time and now belives that he can order anyone around with impunity. He’s wrong.

The rest fall into the grey area. Good sometimes, Evil sometimes. I’ll fill you in on them as they rear their somewhat ugly heads.

Mike is staying here tonight, so I have to vacate the couch.

Talk to you…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great personality?? Exqueeeze me? How about just coming out and saying Stupid, Fat & Ugly! Talking politics with someone is one thing but who else can you count on to sing (off key) most of the songs from old sitcoms? Stick that in your great personality. I kiiid, I kiiid.

Mr. Fitz said...

Ok Paulette, we'd love to have you comment, but we gotta know who you are.

Mr. Fitz said...

Oh the way Glenn Miller played....