Friday, August 13, 2004

Whoopsie

Set the alarm nice and early for today. The furnace guy came. I think we’ll be getting one in the next few weeks and then get the central air hooked up in the spring.

I went up to rehab and did my thing. I had an appointment with the nutritionist today after the workout. I called earlier in the week and she said it was ok to bring my vidcam to tape it. I took my still camera as well.

So I get on the treadmill and, genius that I am, I take the camera with me. I’m doing ok, but then I try to line up a tight shot.. I have taken pics while walking before, but I forgot something. Usually when you’re walking, you slow down just a hair to take the bounce out of your step. So I do that…and go right off the treadmill.

Well…the nurses started to FREAK out. “Are you alright? Are you alright?” They both run over toward me and I’m saying “I’m ok, I’m ok”. Actually, a small strawberry burn on my left ring finger and a slightly larger one on my right middle knuckle. You see, the roadie/gear instinct kicked in and my mind just started going “camera, Camera, CAMERA!!!!”. I cradled it like a newborn and my hands rubbed against the moving belt before I could push myself back up.

The guy on the treadmill in front of me said, “They don’t understand that it’s more embarassment than pain.” And he’s absolutely right. I told them, “Please don’t make any signs that say ‘No picture taking on the treadmill’. That would just be too much.” They assured me they wouldn’t.

So I finally finished up and went across the hall to the nutritionist. Very informational meeting. She wants a copy of the video. They may do something like that for people.

I came down here and stopped at The Little Store to get some food and water. Then I headed into one of my clients to fix a network problem. I wish they were all like this. He moved his computer and, for some reason, when he moved it back, he put the network cable into one of the routers we have as a spare. Took me 5 minutes to move the cable and reboot. It’s fine.

I went over to see Margaret then. We’re gonna hook up for lunch next week at the restaurant I was to yesterday. (I will get the name, I promise)

I headed home and hung out for a bit. Deb and Chrissy came home and we headed down to Harrisburg to eat. After dinner we went across the road to the CD Warehouse. I picked up Velvet Revolver and an older The Living End cd. Chrissy picked up a couple of New Age cd’s. We headed home. Deb is having a lot of tension in her back and shoulders. Chrissy was trying to work on her shoulders on the way home. I want her to set up an appointment with a masseur. She’s gotta lose some of this tension. For my sake, if you know what I mean.

So, we watched Stargate Atlantis and we’re watching Stargate SG1.

And I’m blogging this to you.

cya

No comments: