Saturday, August 21, 2004

Friday On My Mind

I was out the door by 7:30. I had to take the car up to the dealer for an oil change, tire rotate, warranty check and wash. All that stuff and all I had to pay for was the rotation. Sweet.

I hung out in the waiting area and played Scrabble on the palm.

Then I headed to rehab. I had some time, so I ran my errand to Radio Shack to get some new work audio gear. I have to recommend the Shack for their extended warranty. 15 bucks for 3 years. You can take the device and smash it into the ground every day and they will gladly give you a new one. I usually go through 4 devices in 3 years. You do the math.

I went to rehab and did my thing. An obviously gay guy brought cake in for everybody. I thought that that was extremely rude. A lot of people in there are dealing with weight loss issues and waving cake in front of them is just wrong. I was nice and accepted the offer, but he left before I was done so I didn’t have to worry about it.

I headed home. There was a traffic backup at the construction. I didn’t think it would be too long. I was wrong. I sat there for more than an hour. Some folks turned around. I was going to , but I decided against it. I plugged in my Fountains of Wayne “Welcome Interstate Managers” and enjoyed the time I was stuck.

I got home and ate. I was so wiped out that I took a nap. My legs have been bothering me and it helped to take a little nap.

I got back up and installed Mozilla Firefox on my system. It has some very cool extensions and so far, it’s not too bad. Although it did crash on me when I tried to write this the first time.

I chatted with Cat for a little. Her husband’s uncle came home from the hospital. She was having trouble downloading the Staples commercial featuring Alice Cooper. I downloaded it for her here (about one minute) and sent it to her (about 15 minutes). Broadband people, it’s the wave of the future. Deb came home late. Chrissy went into her dad’s. They were getting together to deal with John’s death.

Then I sat here and watched Stargate (Atlantis and SG-1). I’m really looking forward to the Farscape miniseries in October too. I got to delete a lot of stuff off of the Tivo.

I’m going to drop Netflix. This is no reflection on Netflix, they have been wonderful. I just have so much stuff on the Tivo and I can get most stuff when I want that I just don’t have the time to watch the Netflix stuff. But if you go to Blockbuster, you’re wasting your money. Go Netflix.

On the political front. The Kerry camp has filed suit against the “Swift Boat” people due to their extensive connections to the Bush camp. It sounds like they may have a case. It will be interesting to see what happens on this front.

The “Swift Boats for Bush” people have another ad coming out. CNN did a piece on it. They have a quote from Kerry saying (approximate) “they raped people, cut of ears, cut off heads”. What the “Swift Liars for Bush” fail to do is add the beginning of the sentence. Kerry is quoting testimony from soldiers and the full clip clearly shows that.

Don’t believe the hate.

Vote Kerry, Save America

I’m gonna try to post this in Mozilla. Let’s see what happens.

cya

No comments: