Friday, August 20, 2004

A Quickie

I have an early appointment tomorrow, so I'm gonna make this quick.

I walked today. Then I went to work. Sid wasn't there, so it was relatively peaceful.

There was one thing in the news about "The Swift Boats for Bush" people. One person in particular has been insistent that Kerry is lying about being shot at while rescuing his crew mate. In Kerry's report, I believe the actual words are "under heavy fire". This shill says that there was no fire. The New York Times has pulled this guys report of the incident and in his report it says "under heavy fire". It just shows you how desperate the Reps are.

3 guys were talking at work about it. This one guy says "I wanna know the TRUTH". No he doesn't. He wants to know the spin. He wants to hear bad stuff about Kerry so he can go "See?...See?" I really wanted to engage these guys, but I'm holding off until October. I can't change their minds, but maybe some of the undecideds will be ready to listen by then. Besides, the media and candidates are doing plenty of slugging. I want to summarize it all and wrap it up for people.

The difference between the candidates is that the Reps have to make up shit about Kerry. All the bad stuff I need about Bush he's managed to do in public. And there's plenty more if you dig a little.

Vote for Kerry. Save America.

CYA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"3 guys were talking at work about it. This one guy says "I wanna know the TRUTH". No he doesn't. He wants to know the spin."

And we all know how open-minded you are about Bush and the Republicans... " :D

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

If you would have heard these guys talking, you probably would have rolled your eyes too.