Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Not so much Better Late...

Rehab today, almost at 50 minutes of exercise. Only gained one pound from the weekend when I weighed in, and I was only up .5 pounds when I checked at the end of the session.

Came home and got ready for work. The detour is still up, I hope they get that fixed this week. It's getting very old.

Tomorrow is my last day in the letter cases. Then it's back to my regular job. So I figured today would be relatively painless.

Wrong.

We have a PTF as a 204b today. Thats postalese for a relatively new employee being a temporary supervisor. These people are easily manipulated. Do you remember last week when I told you about the black woman that was sticking her nose into stuff. Well, she's been going thru my case when I go to break. Isn't that special. She's got somebody now that she can tell what to do and she runs and does it. So this woman gives me a 5 minute training speech on where this mail goes. I let her babble, then I said, "This is really great, thank you, this will come in real handy for the rest of the day and tomorrow.....and after that I'm back to my regular job, real handy, thanks a lot". These people really annoy me.

Tomorrow I'm going to sort stuff the way it is supposed to be. Then, when I go to break, I'm gonna stuff the mail back into the other slot. Just so she has something to bitch about. I like to please people, ya know. :)

Then later on, somebody had to point out something about another type of mail. And little miss important had to give me another 3 minute talk. What a mess that place is.

So I head home, make a salad and blog, blog, blog.

Music at work...Velvet Revolver's "Contraband" / The Living End's "Roll On"

I've figured out a way to tell the weather at work when I look out the window.

If people are smoking, it's sunny.
If people are smoking and wearing a coat, it's cold.
If people are smoking and wet, it's raining.
If people can't get their cigarette lit, it's windy.
If I can't see anyone smoking, it's dark.

:)

cya

No comments: