Friday, August 06, 2004

Just when I thought I was out....

Headed out from the house and the sky was beautiful. It reminded me of someone taking big hunks of cotton and placing them on a bright blue lake. It was very cool last night (no A/C) and today was cool as well. It really reminded me of what we call "Football Weather" around here.

I did rehab today and it went really well. I talked to Louise afterward and she gave me a bunch of handouts, as well as helping me make sense of the food diary.

So I head home. I get on the highway and pass a few cars right before the construction. I get into the single lane and head around the corner and BAM...Mr. State Police. He told me that he had me at 72 in a 40 with an Active Work Zone added. That's an automatic 15 day suspension. I pleaded with the guy a little. Told him that I recently had a heart attack (workin' on the sympathy) and was just coming home from cardiac rehab. I still had the adhesive contacts on for the heart monitor, that was a nice touch.

He gave me the ticket and said that he reduced it to 65 in a 40 and dropped the work zone. Well, it's still points and I don't need points. So, I have a call in to my attorney that usually handles this stuff. I tell you people, even if you're guilty as sin, talk to an attorney.

I stopped at the bank and then I went to meet Deb at the local chinese place. I called her and she said she couldn't make it, so I picked up some food and took it to her. I got her a cup of the free tea that they have, she really likes it. I thought that would make the ticket a little more palatable. It actually did. She needed the checkbook to take care of our Penn State tickets. I hung out and ate. I'll say this, she really earns the money. I was there maybe a half hour and she didn't have a moments peace to choke down lunch.

I headed out, picked up some prescriptions and went home. I gave the baby a bath. Looked really good too. Used the chamois and everything. And, just as I was finishing, it rained. I have really shitty luck some days. People think I make this up, but I don't. :)

So everybody came home. Chrissy is finally talking to me again. YAAAA!!!!! We headed up to Lewistown to see if I could get another ticket. Actually, we went into town to get some stuff for Deb. She hits the big 50 this year and has been invited to join the Red Hat Society. We headed out from there to J.P. Edwards to eat. I'm sure I had too much, but it was good. Pepper Salmon...a little fishy, but ok. Chrissy had an incredible looking BBQ sub and potato salad. Deb had Filet Mignon. I snuck a little bite of both, but I did write them down.

We went grocery shopping and had a lot of fun looking for lo carb stuff. I hate that I have to do it, but they want my intake at a certain level. I really have to pay attention to that stuff. Just a hundred or so pounds to go. :)

Came home, put stuff away, and started this missive.

Newswise...Rick James died. Some woman has had a towel inside her for 7 years. Terrorist chatter has dropped, which they think means they're gonna attack. (I'll wait and see) Kansas has banned 1600 CD's from public libraries because they don't think people can think for themselves. And the President is still and idiot.

I have to add this. The job report came out today. 32,000 new jobs were created. Sound good? Not really. It was projected that there would be 214,000 created this month. The same thing happened last month. George has lost us too many good jobs that are being replaced with lower paying one's. He's got to go.

On his stump speech he tells the crowd that Kerry wants to "raise your taxes". Not true. He plans on rolling back taxes on the wealthiest 2% to their "pre-Bush" levels. And that income figure is $200,000 and above. If you're making more than that, you probably should vote for him. Selfish bastard that you are. :)

And the final slap in the face from George. He's READING his stump speech. The man can't think on his feet, so he's got a paper script right in front of him. I heard John Kerry talk for 45 minutes plus. No notes, just a hand held mic, and he was great. Let's pick the president that can think people.

Back to you Dan....

later

3 comments:

Mr. Fitz said...

LEADFOOT!?! Who you callin' Leadfoot....."Crash" :)

Anonymous said...

Fitz, you drive like hell.....there isn't anyone in the world who doesn't know this fact.....you got nailed....AGAIN....suck it up and pay.....then slow down before you take someone else out.

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

Thanks for your support, Cat.