Saturday, August 28, 2004

Lookin' Good

I got up late today. I wanted to get up a little early and start on the damn basement. But I wasn’t able to fall asleep till after 4 am. I headed up to the rehab thing. I forgot to tell you this yesterday…I turned up the detour to head to the doctors, and out of the corner of my eye I DIDN’T see a detour sign. I headed down the right way and saw them taking down the signs, so I was one of the first citizens to go over the new bridge.

It was pretty cool at rehab today. Louise started me on resistance training. I did a bit of that, then part of what I usually do. She made me feel good. She said that I’m on maintenance right now. Basically all they can do for me. They’ll probably refer me to a gym. She said she felt good about it because I have the discipline to make a go of this. That was cool.

I left my resistance booklet up there though. Sorta sucks. I can’t find Chrissy’s heavier weights either, so I’ll probably have to go pick up a set.

I came home, made a few calls and started on the basement. I put a pretty good dent in it too. Finally made it to my guitars. They are ok. My bass has yellowed from age, it’s kinda cool in a way. One case had a small cobweb in it, the other had a strap that was moldy. But the instruments look good. I’ll tell you how good my main axe is. The high E was a little flat, but the rest of the damn thing was in tune. That was another cool thing.

Mike showed up and told me that he’s ok with the points thing. So he won’t be needing an attorney. Deb came home and said she had a problem with the head of accounting. She was pretty pissed. Chrissy came home and hurried up and got ready. She and Mike we’re going to a friend of Mike’s for awhile and then over to the Coyote Hardware Bar.

Deb and I headed out for Sam’s. We got a bunch of stuff, then went over to the Olive Garden. I had an incredible meal that went way off my diet. I am not ashamed. :)

We got home and unloaded and I sat down and surfed a little.

I found the Death Clock on my surf of blogs. My personal day of death is Sunday, April 26, 2037. You can find yours by clicking on the link in my link list. I think I may be able to extend mine, the more weight that I lose. We’ll see.

My friend Jean told me last night that the protests in NYC are crankin’ up. Two guys scaled the Plaza Hotel and put a huge banner up with two arrows pointing left and right. The right one says “Bush”, the left one says “Truth”. Also a bunch of people got naked on 5th avenue. Ya gotta love naked protesters protesting practically anything. There is another huge banner at the Democratic rebuttal site that says “Mission NOT Accomplished”. And another group put a clock up that adds the cost of the war every second. I think that’s an excellent idea too. It’s gonna be interesting this week. Check the convention out, I will and let you know what’s up.

That’s all…I gotta move the tractor before it rains.

Cya

BTW…no answer to yesterday’s little trivia question until SOMEONE takes a stab at it. Except for Mike, I gave him the answer this afternoon.

1 comment:

Mr. Fitz said...

It's all this healthy livin' I've been doin'. :)