Saturday, July 17, 2004

Up and Down and Up and....

Had to go to rehab today....afterward I went to the Cardio doc to get my back to work excuse.  Got there at 12 and , of course, they were closed until 12:45.  So I went down to Ollie's to kill some time.  They were having a book blowout, but I passed.  I do want to pick up "Drumming for Idiots".  I wonder if Bobby Rondinelli would be pissed if I put it on stage at a BOC concert?
 
So...back down to the doc's.  I gave them my stuff and they were like "well...he's not here and I don't know if he can do it today...maybe Monday?"  No good.  I want to go back to work on Sunday.  So she says to call back in a few hours and we'll see.  So I go home and hang out.
 
Fast Forward...I call.."OK, it's ready".  So I drive back up.  Now, you have to understand that they are doing major construction for all of about 5 miles of the trip.  Plus, I have a detour to deal with right by my house.
 
Anyway, I get the excuse.  She has to take it back to him so he can indicate light duty for the next month.  So I head back home...more construction.
 
I put in a DVD I got from Netflix.  It's very cool.  They're going to send me all 39 episodes of "Stingray" from the mid 60's.  It was one of the "Super Marionation" shows.  That means puppets, which is kinda lame.  But the miniatures that they use are incredible.  Anyway, watched all 8 today and put the disc in the mail so I can get the next one.  I have "Supercar" coming and "Fireball XL5" too.  I actually own the first "Thunderbirds" DVD, and I will get all of those as well.
 
The live action "Thunderbirds" will be out the end of the month.  Directed by Jonathan Frakes.  The previews look like a lot of fun.  I think we'll be checking out "I Robot" and then "Thunderbirds".
 
Been helping Darlene online tonite.  Watchin' the tube and enjoying my final day of freedom.  Deb and Chrissy come back tomorrow.
 
Photoblog

No comments: