Saturday, July 03, 2004

Boogiepop Phantom

Check the pics

Crazy busy day today. Up to Lewistown for a visit to the heart doctor, complete with a stress test. Then down to Harrisburg. A stop at the bank and Best Buy, then over to Sam's for some picnic/vacation stuff.

Deb and Chrissy got tix for Spiderman 2 online. The only show available was the 7 o'clock show. When we got there, the guy told us that was sold out too. So, got there at 20 after...enjoyed 20 minutes of commercials, then 10 minutes of previews. Then, a REALLY great movie that made it all worthwhile. Sam Raimi is a genius, and I don't throw that word around too often.

Rant Mode ON

During the commercials at the movie (which were bad enough) one of the employee's came in and made a little speech about how they were doing some donation thing for cancer. How you could buy this thing for a dollar and they would have a giveaway, blah, blah, blah.

I gotta get there early to see the movie and get a good seat. They are completely taking advantage and I am literally a "captive audience". I think it really sucks and we all should complain or they're gonna start doing this shit all the time.

....I feel.....better. :)

Rant Mode OFF

Also...I noticed that that theater is showing Farenheit 911. May make a trip down next week to see it. Maybe Cat will go with me. :)

I watch The Screen Savers on what is now G4/Tech tv. Leo Laporte, who I really like (and drove to York to meet) left the show a few months ago when the merger/sale went through. Yesterday, Patrick Norton announced that he won't be making the move to Los Angeles. This is 3 hosts that i've liked that have gone and I'm a little upset. There is some buzz that Wil Wheaton may be the new co-host, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

"Dead Like Me" is coming on, so I'm outta here.

Big weekend coming up....don't blow your face off.

No comments: