Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Only Thing We Have to Fear...

...is four more years of George Bush as President.  (Ted Kennedy, DNC speech)

More convention tonight.  They say that Tuesday is usually a wash, but some of the speakers were very good.  Barack Obama, the new guy, was a standout.  Howard (Everybody wants to call him John) Dean and Ted Kennedy spoke to the heart of the party.  Ted was having some voice problems and blew a few lines.  I got a chuckle out of "The shirt heard round the world".  Gephart didn't do much for me.  Carol Mosely Braun was having throat problems as well.

I wanted to hear Ron Reagan's speech, but a friend at work kept talking to me and I missed it.  I don't think I'm going to be up long enough to hear it.  That is what we need though.  More Republicans coming to their senses.

All in all a good night.  Not much at work.  Always good when there's minimal bullshit.

I need to be on alert tomorrow.  I taught my friend Lori how to maintain a website for the Port Royal Speedway.  They are racing tomorrow, but she's not going to be home and it may rain.  They have a little warning system for folks in case they call the race because of rain.  So, I get to make the changes if they decide to change.

I'm gonna hang it up here.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Photoblog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DNC + RNC = 14 day party/drunk and drugfest/costume party/informercial. Sorry, won't waste my time.

I'm surprised Teddy stayed awake long enough to get through his speech.

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

geez...I actually thought that Ted looked a little thinner than normal. Must be me.