Monday, July 05, 2004

That's the Night that the Lights went out in.....

...my little corner of the world. Did some posting last night. I was chatting with my stepson in the army. He WAS scheduled to get out later this year. They told him this week that they're 99% sure that they will be deployed to Iraq under stopgap. We kept chatting and then...THUD.

No power.

We lose power a lot out here, so I thought..."Ok, give it a few seconds, it'll come back." It didn't. I found all the candles and shut down the machines on battery backup and hung out. Finally I called PPL. They had an estimate of 4 am, it finally came back close to 5.

Deb came back from camp today. Chrissy headed down to Mechanicsburg to work on her armor. We headed up to do a little shopping. Picked up a few things at Ollie's and Wally World. Came home and that's where I am now.

Lots of holiday weekend pics here.

No comments: