Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Surrounded by Idiots

I didn't post this last night because I was too mad. 
 
I went back to work yesterday.  They finally let me in and it was just like I said in yesterday's post.  The nurse sent an email to the mucky-mucks quoting the doctor's excuse.  She didn't see me or anything.  What a joke.  So I will go to see the union today and see if I can get a little satisfaction.
 
I was put in the letter cases, which is the easiest job in there on the floor.  You grab a letter, look at it and put it in the slot.  It was not easy.  I was sore a lot and wound up taking nitro on the way home.  But there were other reasons involved.
 
I put 3 cd cases in one of the letter slots.  Unbeknownst to me, this guy comes through and taps (takes) the mail.  The idiot took my cd cases and SENT THEM  OUT.  Now, this guy is the oldest guy in the building.  I am absolutely serious when I say this.  I KNOW that he started working there 6 months after I was born.  I couldn't say anything to the guy because he would probably crap out on the spot.  So I held it in as usual, thinking that I was gonna crap out on the spot.  On top of this I had to make 2 trips to the truck terminal to look for my stuff.  This is an extremely long walk when I'm feeling good, let alone in some pain.
 
What pisses me off is that this guy shouldn't even be there.  Hell, a 47 year pension from anywhere ought to provide a good living.  So some young guy just starting out, building a family, can't get a decent job because this geezer "just has to work".  Quit and work at McDonalds for Christ's sake.  That's where all the old people are SUPPOSED to work.
 
They make you use these "Stand/Sit devices" which have you at an angle.  They're hard to describe because you don't really stand or sit.  The put a lot of pressure on the back of your calves, and I made sure I worked the back of my calves at Rehab earlier in the day.  Yes Virginia, Rehab continues and is just fine.  So I had to change it to a seat, which supervisors have given me hell for before.  That, for some odd reason, applied pressure to the abdomen area, just under the heart.  Then I figured "fuck it" and started standing.  The floor is concrete.  So that started working on my ankles.  My right ankle felt like it swelled up and was still giving me problems today.  I got several twinges at the stint site too.  All in all, It was a really, really sucky day.
 
I wanted to make it through though.  I figured if I could, the next day would be easier, etc.
 
I got home and just collapsed on the couch.  I looked at the laptop long enough to make sure the XP machine downstairs was working.  (It is ...yaaa!!!!) and crapped out on the couch.  The cat missed me very much and was very vocal when I got home, so we got into a little heavy petting. :)
 
On the music front, I listened to Shonen Knife "Let's Knife" and XTC "Oranges and Lemons" last night.  I always forget what a great, great album "Oranges" is.  If you've never heard it, you should definitely check it out.
 
So today I will go to work and shove my CD's up my ass and do as absolutely little as possible.  By the way, there was a woman sitting next to me and I swear, everytime I glanced at her she wasn't doing a damn thing.  Guess I have to get with the program.  :) 
 
Photoblog


No comments: