Friday, July 30, 2004

...Reporting for Duty.

John Kerry, next President of the United States, DNC speech.

Final night of the convention.  The pundits all seem to agree that the Dems hit this one out of the park.  A well organized and unified week.  I think we can actually pull this one off.

Speeches.  General Wesley Clark gave an excellent speech.  One of the wags said that he was hitting the wrong emotional points.  High when he should be low, etc.  I don't think it came across that way.  Another guy that would have made a great president, and may in the future.  The real surprise of the evening was the Kerry daughters.  Very articulate and very good speakers.  I think people will be talking about the "hampster" for awhile.  And, of course, the man himself.  He spoke about 45 minutes.  I thought he got his points across and had a lot of energy.  And...I get to hear him again in less than 24 hours, LIVE.  Chrissy says that Ben Afleck will be there, maybe I can give him my Project Greenlight script...A simple tale of a boy and his blog.

A point.  GOP pundits are saying Kerry will get a double digit bounce from the convention.  15 points or more.  I don't look for it.  I think they're making a setup to say.  Well, he didn't do that well, not very good, blah, blah, blah.  I think a 5 percent bounce would be great.  It's going to be a very close election folks, stay tuned.

I heard a woman on the radio tonight that really scared me though.  It's scary that this type of thinking is still around.  (Very whiny voice)..."Well, I just think that George Bush has his convictions and he stands by them, right or wrong."  Do you believe this crap?  I mean, right is good, right is wonderful.  Wrong is ok too, initially.  But if it's continuous in the face of the truth, it's absurd.  When you screw up, admit you screwed up, fix it and move on.  George won't admit he screwed up.  That will contribute greatly to his downfall.

I started walking today.  Did 15 minutes.  It wasn't too bad.  It was really humid and around 82.  It was kinda funny, I did more sweating in that 15 minutes than I have the whole time at rehab.  Felt a little weird toward the end, but everytime I start doing anything anymore I feel a little weird.

Reasonable night at work.  This week has gone really fast because of the convention.  Something interesting to look forward to.  And don't worry, I'll be listening to the Repubs as well and giving you my two cents about that.

The convention is coming on again.  I'd really like to see the speech.  I may Tivo it so I can get some sleep.

Kerry tomorrow.  They'll be blog pics.

Cya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"John Kerry, next President of the United States, DNC speech."

Something to look forward too....a guy who's flip flopped on issues so much that he looks like a pancake on the griddle and a v.p. who's a whiplash lawyer, making millions off the suffering of others.

Mr. Fitz said...

Cat, you can rant all you want, just put your name at the end of it.