Thursday, July 15, 2004

Tornado

We had an F3 tornado just east of Harrisburg yesterday.  Winds around 200 mph.  About 30 people hurt, one is critical.  Fortunately, so far, no deaths.  Just amazing pictures.  A house on the corner looks untouched and the next two down the street are flattened.  And I mean COMPLETELY flattened.
 
This happened around 3 in the afternoon.  I went to my rehab in the morning.  Then headed to Betsy's to finish up her trojan cleaning.  Then down to Harrisburg to help Maureen shop for her laptop.  On the way down I was hitting rain with the sun shining.  Ususally this happens maybe once a year.  It happened to me 3 or 4 times that day. 
 
We were in Circuit City around 5 or so.  Probably 100 feet or so from the front.  All of the sudden this noise came, just a loud drone.  I thought it was the train sound that they always talk about.  Turns out it was just really, really heavy rain, but it had me really concerned for a few seconds.
 
Anyway, we ran around town and got prices.  It looks like we're gonna pick stuff up Saturday.
 
Today I had to pick up Deb's check and deposit it, then head down to the burg again to make the payments on our loans.  I killed a little time, then headed over to Darlene's to work on her machine.
 
I'm gonna post a pic of Maureen and Darlene on the photo blog.

No comments: