Thursday, September 02, 2004

I Told Ya...

Had to go into a client's office early today. They were having problems connecting to the net. I went to his machine (there are 3) and turned it on. I got on the net right away and connected to his email right away. I told him he just needs to hire me to be in the office. Just to be around the machines so they work. His secretary's machine has a little more complicated problem, so I have to go back next week and take care of that.

I stopped in to talk to Margaret, she's right next door. She had a headache and she gets doozy's. I hung out for a few minutes and we talked about basements and stuff like that. We're gonna hook up for lunch tomorrow, so I have to get some sleep here at some point. :)

I went up to rehab. It's the first time since last Wednesday that I did my whole machine routine. Dessa said that my heartrate was elevated. She was a little concerned, but I said I was pushing it a little too. So I guess I'll survive.

I came home, fixed lunch and started to watch tv when I heard "heloooo??" It was Mike. Since the kids are having a party on Friday, he came up to mow the lawn and fix the van. The van still has some problems, but he'll get it straightened out, I'm sure. I hooked him up with a walkman and headed to work.

At first break I saw the general clerk and asked her if she got my buck slip (english=note) to put me on the ODL (english=overtime desired list). She said yes, but she can't call me because the union took my name off. It turns out that if you don't sign up within 3 days after you return, you can't be on the list. This is that oncoming bullshit I told you about.

I was really cheezed and asked the supervisor for a steward. He starts with the 20 questions and says "Can I ask you what it's about?" My response was "It's about I NEED A UNION STEWARD". Never give the enemy any information, only the bare minimum.

I went up and talked with the steward. She explained that it was true and they were enforcing the contract. I understand that, but I said...How am I supposed to know about this?? Shouldn't my supervisor have asked me about the ODL as soon as I came back? They are the ones that pass the sheet around quarterly. It's their responsibility 4 times a year, I think it should be their responsibility in this situation. She agreed and said she'd talk to the head steward and get back to me tonight.

She didn't.

It's starting to not be funny. This is the third time that she's forgotten about me. I mean, tell me "I'll see you in 3 or 4 days." Just stick to your word. I think I have to make an impression on her.

I should, in all fairness, say that the supervisor came and apologized to me later. I graciously accepted.

The rest of the night went pretty well. At the end, this supervisor let us go early, but EGCW was setting up a manual ring and slamming skids on the floor. Passive aggressively trying to get our attention. It didn't work.

I came home and the kids were watching tv. I hung out a bit and remembered I tivoed "Father of the Pride". The paper sort of panned it, but I thought it was pretty funny. I thought it might be a little too risque for NBC, but good for them for putting in on.

Then I came downstairs to do this.

Now I gotta go

cya

No comments: