Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Happiness is...

...belt fed weaponry.

I could have used some tonight. I knew everything was going well and something was gonna give, well, it did. I turns out that I'm not going to get the weekends off thing. There's a fine print deal that said I had to put a slip in saying I'd be off light duty in 6 months in order to bid.....well, I didn't do it. I have a couple of angles I'm gonna try to get it back, but chances are slim. I hoping it's just a brief karma repeal because so much good stuff is gonna start happening job wise...stay tuned.

On the baby front...talks continue. So that's another thing to stay optimistic about.

I could do a lot of stuff tonight, but I have a computer to order for Maggie tomorrow and a class to attend in the afternoon for the postal resume. So I'm gonna hit it.

BTW...my friend Paulette got the job and she reads this, so I think she ought to post a comment and apologize to everyone that she's denying me valuable weekend time with yall. (Actually, if it has to go to somebody, I couldn't pick anyone better than her)

cya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job....I hope the rest turns out good for you.

...Cat...

Anonymous said...

Great - make me feel like a home wrecker, life destroyer, bad karma bringing Postal witch. I was so happy for you. One of the low seniority schmucks at work was finally going to claw his way out of the poopy day off depths. And then a minor technicality throws the ball into my court. Just how is a person suppose to show the proper amount of sadness for your loss and yet hold back the overwhelming joy of the magnificent, treasured gift of weekends off? Bob, you were the ultimate all around good guy through this all too public event. You kept your sense of humor and never hit me - this is a good thing. Just smirk to yourself as you watch me slog through my mandatory twelve days in a row of work. Paulette

Mr. Fitz said...

Showing the proper amount of sadness involves dinner and drinks, but you knew that.