Friday, December 10, 2004

They Always Come in 3's

The one you probably heard about...

"Dimebag" Darrell, guitarist for Pantera and Damageplan was gunned down by a crazed fan. Five people were killed at the show, several wounded. I got to see Pantera open for Black Sabbath. Instrumentally, they were very, very good.

The one you might have heard about...

David Brudnoy, talk show host at WBZ Boston died from AIDS related cancer. He was a 30 year veteran of the talk show format and a college professor. He gave his last show Wednesday from his death bed and died Thursday evening. It was very moving. I didn't listen to him alot, but garnered much information on him from the other hosts on the station. He had been fighting the disease for over 10 years. He was 64.

The one you probably didn't hear about...

Jillian Swartz, 13, died from an aggressive brain tumor earlier this week. I did not know her personally, but she danced for the Margaret McCann School of Dance, which I do production and graphics for. I know the amount of work the kids put in and how much fun they have. I know that she will be missed.

cya


5 comments:

Mr. Fitz said...

Hi....who are you and do I know you??

Anonymous said...

A shame, especially for the kid. The others at least had a decent lifespan.

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

Yeah, a shame. I didn't know her that well, but I've been aware of her condition since it started. Really tough for the family, especially this time of year.

Anonymous said...

I knew Jillian. She changed my life forever. Jillian was an amazing young lady, always giving her best.

She touched the lives of many. She showed us what faith is all about. She will always live in my heart.

I'm proud to call her my niece.

~kate

Mr. Fitz said...

Thanks for posting Kate. I was wondering how you found us? If you get back here, let me know.