Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Halls Have Been Decked

What a fantastic day.

We went to church last night and Deb did the narration for the cantata. They did a great job. My complaint is that I'm used to my church when I was a kid. We sang a bunch of carols and you just don't get to sing that stuff like you did when you were in school. The congregation only sang two songs and one was "Peace on Earth", which I don't really consider a Christmas carol.

We came home and had some wine and cheese. Then the kids started wrapping and Deb and I cleaned. She did dishes and I tidied and vacumned. The kids hit the sack and I started wrapping and sent Deb to bed. I had about 2 hours worth to do with the Christmas carols going. It was nice cause I was in bed by 2:30, which is my normal time and some sort of record for Christmas eve.

We got up around 10 and the inlaws got here around 11. We started unwrapping, broke for lunch, unwrapped some more, broke for a phone call from Billy and Toby, kept unwrapping and finally finished around 4:30. Even then there were a few things we missed.

We went overboard, which is always fun to do. Just for highlights, Chrissy got a lot of "homesteading" stuff and a mp3 player. We got Mike "The Sims" and some other games. Deb got a mixer and a vacumn sealer. Bill got an air compressor and we got both of them a cell phone, which Betty hates. :) I got an Xbox with some accessories and a belt sander.

We took the compressor over to Bill's house, came back and straightened up the house and burned trash. The kids went to Chrissy's dad's. They came back and they're installing World of Warcraft on the upstairs machines. Deb is watching "White Christmas" and I'm typing to you.

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off for a week. I'll be doing a year end letter on here. I sent a lot of folks emails. I figure a brief "Merry Christmas" and a "Come to my website to read my boring family letter" is better than just spamming the letter to everyone who could care less.

cya

No comments: