Saturday, April 16, 2005

Reefer Madness

You always remember your first one. It was kinda clunky but it was SO cool. Then you got older and your tastes got more sophisticated. But it was still cool. Then it starts to get a little routine and you need something new.

Of course, I'm talking about refrigerators.

We FINALLY broke down and bought a new one. You have to understand. Deb bought the old one used, from her aunt, 24 years ago. USED dammit! I mean, it's really just an impending disaster waiting to happen. We've looked at new ones for several years and finally got one that we're happy with.

I'm a little pissed at Sears. They said they would deliver Friday (we ordered it the previous friday) and then called on Thursday and said it wouldn't be here till Monday. If I would have been awake I would have cussed them out and asked them to waive the delivery fee, but it didn't happen.

So today I have to drill a hole in the kitchen floor and run the water connection. We've been cleaning since 8am. Did I mention that 8am and I don't get along? Anyway, I'm all ready for bed and it's 11:30.....am.

I'll take some pics of the new unit and put them up.

There haven't been too many blogs lately. Partly because all hell's been breaking loose and partly because my machine has been a piece of shit. I've reinstalled XP twice in the last 3 weeks. I'm up and running with a minimal load. Hoping to make it thru 24 hours without a BSOD. I've had two, but that was before loading XP2, so I'm hoping it was just a "first release" problem.

I DO have my sound card back, so we're planning on a podcast this week....as soon as I get some files moved around and get musicmatch reloaded

cya

No comments: