Thursday, June 24, 2004

Roger Phico...Over and Out.

A few months ago I had to go to Mechanicsburg. Heading in, right past the Sheetz on the Carlisle Pike, there is a HUGE office building. I see a sign that they are liquidating all of the office furniture in this place. So I make a note to go.

Today was the day. We headed out and got there a few minutes after they had started. I wanted to get a desk for the office i'm doing. I want a 3 sided workstation setup. They had several "executive" setups. I saw one I wanted and figured that i'd bid on it. They were nice so I thought I may go $400. Well...the bidding started at 5 and ended at $3800.

I had been there 3 hours by this time and I was starting to wind down. We got a few kitchen items earlier, so we called it a day.

We did wind up walking thru the whole building. All I can say is, no wonder they're liquidating. Everything...EVERYTHING...was done in dark woods. Cherry, Mahogany. A beautiful conference room. Marble bar. Executive dining room. You get the idea.

Anyway, it's early evening. Deb and Chrissy are shopping in Lewistown. I'm telling you about my day. And the cat, of course, is sleeping.

No comments: