Thursday, June 17, 2004

Life changing stuff this week.

I had a heart attack on June 7th. Major pressure in the chest, so I get an ambulance ride to Lewistown Hospital. After 2 days they finally figure out that I had a heart attack and they really can't do anything about it. They send me to Harrisburg Hospital where they do a cardiac cath. I had one of these before and it was painless, but on this one they pinched a nerve in my leg against the vein. Hurt like hell for about 4 hours until they can finally pull the pipe outta my leg. I got a stent and balloon for my trouble. Reduced the blockage to 0. Stayed for two days and came home on Friday the 11th.

Recuperating at home, getting a little winded, everything seemed fine. Had tingly fingers (say that 3 times) and stiff neck on Monday the 14th. So, Back to Lewistown. This time it only takes them a day to realize they can't do anything. Back down to Harrisburg for ANOTHER cath. It's kinda cool cause they are now sure that EVERYTHING is open. So another overnite stay there and I'm back home. Things seem to be going ok now.

Enjoying the new Tivo (my birthday gift) and right now watching a recent episode of the screensavers.

I'll pop on here and try to write interesting things every few days.

No comments: