Friday, September 23, 2005

Good things happen.....

....to bad people. I'm living proof!! :)

Have to go back to yesterday.

When there are problems at work, it's almost always during machine changeover.

We were setting up to run first class mail and equipment was kinda scarce. We set up our side and went over to the main side to finish up. The one end of the machine needed containers and the other end of the machine had an extra. So the guy I was working with took it.

The Extremly Gay Co-Worker (EGCW) decided that taking "his" spare container was offensive. Yelled at the guy I was working with and came to our end of the machine (the non-gay end). He took a container that was already labeled and drug it back to his side (gay) of the machine.

You don't do that.

Once a container is labeled in the P.O. it almost becomes kinda sacred. I've been in other areas of the building with no people around and not taken containers that were labeled. You just don't do it.

At this point, I lost it.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "You DON'T do that". EGCW was pretending he didn't hear me. The guy I was working with was yelling at him too. I went and got the container, drug it back and slammed it into another container about 3 feet away from this guy. Didn't phase him.

Then my hero, Brian, got involved.

He saw all of this shit unfold from the other side of the machine. Now, you have to understand that he is just a quiet, unassuming guy. He comes over, gets within 1 foot of EGCW's face...and just glares at him. Doesn't say a fucking word.

EGCW is like.....What?....What???....What did I do.

The beauty part is that it was a real release for me. This guy has to be experienced to be believed. He is always rude and demeaning. To have THREE people stand up to his shit was just a beautiful thing to behold.

Anyway....

Later on, one of the training people came up to me and said "I understand you got the Bulk Mail job."

I'm dumbfounded.

I wanted to bid on the job that was up this month, but the computer was down and I wasn't able to. So I tell the guy, after some discussion, that I'd love to have it but I wasn't aware of it.

I figure it's just a mistake and go home.

Then my friend in training sends me an email and tells me I have the bulk mail job. So I figure I better look into it.

It turns out that it's a job that was posted LAST month. 2 people have failed the test/turned it down. So now it's my turn.

A lot of hoops to jump thru. First, a pretest, just to prove I can do the training. Then a Govt. Drivers License test. Then 2 weeks in scenic Norman, Ok. for the actual training. THEN I actually get the job.

Minuses....it's relief pool. Which means I fill in for people's vacations and sick days and the like.

Pluses....it's zero lifting. And, when I'm not filling in for someone, it's......wait for it.......Monday thru Friday, Daylight.

Glory Hallelujah!! :)

I should consume alcohol....but I have shit to do tomorrow. So...

cya

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attababy! Oh wait....does this mean you will have nothing to complain about in reference to the P.O. from this point on??? Perish the thought!!! :D
Pack me in your suitcase for OK....after today I need a vacation from the public school system. :O

...Cat...

Anonymous said...

Oh wait......I missed the part about the driver's license test. Having experienced your driving firsthand plus all the $$$ for speeding tickets you fork out, may I say that you're screwed :)

...Cat...

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Is this more $$$? Good that it will be better hours for you. And no lifting.

Mr. Fitz said...

Ok Cat. I'm sure I'll be able to find *something* to complain about at the PO. :)

Thanks Mike...she's even threatening, I mean, saying that she'll come out while I'm out there. :)

And whoever said this is more $$$...who are you. (mumbles something about having people register...)

later