Thursday, July 28, 2005

Solving NASA's Problems

So. The entire shuttle fleet is grounded. Seems like there's still shit falling off of it. So I've decided to fix it for them.

Why does the main fuel tank have insulation. I mean, when is it needed. Is it needed while it's on the ground to keep fuel cool for a long period of time. Or is it needed during the flight for some reason?

If it's only needed while waiting for launch, they could do a styrofoam cooler type thing that could be pulled off just before launch.

If it's needed during flight.....here it is.....are you ready....

Shrinkwrap.

I know it adds weight, but they can either calculate a slightly bigger tank to compensate or just add more fuel.

These are the two ways to fix it. Mark my words, they'll use one of 'em.

BTW. Viewing for mother is tomorrow. Funeral is Saturday. I'll let you know if I kill anybody.

cya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now....temper. However if you do kill you-know-who, at least it will be convenient, the funeral parlor and all...you won't have to go far to make the arrangements :)

As far as NASA, the best solution is the age-old one, used by all male of the species:
DUCT TAPE :D

Mr. Fitz said...

That is true....and I should butt in and make all of her arrangements instead of letting *her* kids do it. Right?

Nah.....Duct tape will wind up weighing too much. But it would work.