Friday, June 10, 2005

.....well.....

Sorry it's been so long.

I had a vacation. We got some things done, then my brother went back into the hospital and it was one of those "get everybody here" moments. His kidneys shut down. They've had him one different types of dialysis. It's been about 2 weeks. He's on a longer dialysis now. 12 to 14 hours a day. They hope that this will remove the toxins, but leave enough fluid in his body that his kidneys will start working on their own. They believe they shut down due to a blood clot.

Moral of the story, think very carefully before you have your stomach stapled.

I've been out of work for 3 days. I've been having some problems with pain in my legs. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but the Dr. said that that may be a precursor to recurring heart problems. I find out more Monday.

I just got a curio cabinet from Paulette (thanks!!!) and finally got to meet her husband Tom and her dog, Nutsy. Her dog was very well behaved, so I shouldn't say that. Anyway, it's humid as hell out, but I have the central air set at 76 and it's almost cold in here. I love it.

We are going down to Harrisburg tomorrow, I'll see how much shopping I can do before I drop, which probably won't be much. We have to go to Sam's and probably Home Depot. I also need to return something to Best Buy.

I'll try to keep this up more. I'll be working on my class blog so I'll be in the area.

later

No comments: