Wednesday, October 06, 2004

VP Debate

I thought it was pretty close. I think pretty close favors Edwards.

Two reasons. Edwards has been kind of hidden since accepting the VP role. This showed that he could hold his own. I heard the phrase "looks presidential" more than once too.

Also, and this may sound convoluted but I think it's valid, a strong performance by Cheney could hurt them. It gives creedence to the "Svengali theory". That Cheney really is the guy running the country. He actually blows Bush away when it comes to getting his point across.

It looks like we can use campaign paraphenalia at work. I saw a woman with a "Kerry/Edwards" T-shirt. The Bushies were extremely pissed. But they'll start wearing they're stuff too. And the game is on. :)

I had to sit on HPB and another person who will go nameless. Our section of the machine, when we set up, has the most stuff to do. The most containers to get, etc. HPB and the other have half of what we do and usually stand around and gab when we're finishing up our stuff. No problem with that, but.... They have one sack to get that's different.....they use maybe two a night. They come down and take the ones that we get for ourselves. Not today. I told both of them to go get they're own. I've been wanting to do it for awhile and didn't feel justified. Today, I went to get them, so I did. And I did.

First day at the gym. It went pretty good.

I gotta get some sleep people.

cya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fail to see much importance to a VP debate. Apparently so did most of the viewing public because polls showed few were really intent on watching,
Besides, the Yankees were on! :D

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

Yeah....only 43 million people decided that picking the guy a heartbeat away from the presidency was worth missing a snoreball game.

Go Red Sox.

:)