Sunday, March 18, 2007

Snow Day

I'll cut to the chase.

I think we need a holiday called snow day. The 1st time in February that it snows would be snow day. If it doesn't snow by a certain date, you pick a date for a deadline.

You have to go get that bread and milk anyway. Pick up a snow day gift.

I don't mean just taking off for a day, which is ok in itself. I mean a bone fide holiday.

It used to be that adults that live in the same household would see each other. This really is a holiday borne from our hectic lifestyles. You just take that day and everybody agrees to stay in and celebrate something. Don't make it religious or political.

Somebody come up with a few more ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please....like you need another reason to call in! My tax dollars at work! :)

...Cat...

Mr. Fitz said...

Not just me, Everybody.

I mean, when it's pretty nasty like it was on Friday, people take the day anyway.

Put a little "fun" around it.